Introduction To This Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Introduction To This Forum

Post by Robin_5775 on Tue May 31, 2016 7:38 pm

Hey there,
Please introduce yourself so that members know a bit about you as a person.
~ Robin

Last edited by Robin_5775 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Robin_5775
Admin

View user profile http://57science.fullforums.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduction To This Forum

Post by Robin_5775 on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:03 pm

I'll start!

So my name is Robin, I am a human being and I'm from planet Earth. I have been fascinated by the natural sciences and technology ever since I was a child, when all I did was play video games, read and try to make things light up or explode.
As a six year old I was sent to a mental retardation centre instead of regular school (without having any form of mental disorder apart from my personality). Eventually they let me go to regular school where I was known as the weird nerdy kid with crazy ideas.
My life has been pretty crazy growing up...as it should be. I've grown up plenty and learned how to act like a normal adult, but I still haven't lost that child-like wonder and open-mindedness about the course of life most people seem to have lost as they grow up.
Reality after all is just an illusion. Our 'life' is a temporary sensory experience. No one actually knows what the impossible is, nor the answers to the biggest questions in life. Hence, it's normal to be confused. However, what I do know is that we are all humans living on the same planet, hence we are all basically the same whether or not someone decides to put on a fancy tie and pretend they know how everything should be.
I believe the point of life is to make the best out of it, which is not as simple as it sounds.
I enjoy exploring the possibilities, and learning more about the universe. I believe the unknown is a mystery waiting to be discovered, and that even if there is such a thing as ''impossible'', we can never truly know it.
I was inspired to make this forum because I've met some amazing people on the internet from around the world that seem to have brilliant abstract ideas, thoughts and abilities hidden away, which I eventually never hear from again. I hoped that by creating this forum I could bring people who share the same thought processes and interests together so that these brilliant thoughts could be shared.
Anyways, I hope everyone is on board and ready to talk!

I don't really like following guidelines, but I'll give the following for those who would like to introduce themselves but aren't sure how:

1) What is your myers-briggs personality type? (If you haven't taken the test skip this one or go take the test)
2) Name your top 3 skills. (e.g. programming, problem-fixing, painting, writing, etc)
3) Describe your religious views in one paragraph. (e.g. agnostic, pantheistic, monotheistic, catholic, etc.)
4) Who is your favourite historical figure? (e.g. Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Ghandi, etc)
5) Name your top 5 values. (e.g. knowledge, creativity, truth, logic, kindness, freedom etc)
6) Name your top 5 interests. (e.g. philosophy, physics, sculpture, politics, etc)
7) What is your current occupation? (e.g. student (highschool), engineer, programmer, etc)
Cool What are your hobbies? (e.g. reading, playing the piano, etc)
9) Your top 5 pet peeves. (e.g. ignorance, authoritarians, clubs, materialism, etc)
10) What makes you different from other humans?

Robin_5775
Admin

View user profile http://57science.fullforums.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top